Swimming pools not to open now, Dubai Sports Council says
Competitive matches or sporting events will have to wait till next stage
A spokesperson of the Dubai Sports Council (DSC) said that only the business-end of sport and allied activities will be allowed to partly function within the emirate, provided they fulfill all the pre-requisites laid down by the government.
In accordance with the regulations issued by the Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management, and the precautionary measures developed to protect those who practice sports from COVID-19 pandemic and upon consultation and co-ordination with the relevant authorities as a part of the preparations for the return of sports activities and reopening sports facilities in Dubai, the following measures and guidelines shall be observed, as per the nature of the sports establishment activities:
- Sports facilities and tools, equipment, and means of transportation shall be sanitized through a certificated by a sterilization company approved by the Dubai Municipality and issue the certificate to approve that. A permanent sanitization program shall be put in place, and sanitizers shall be provided in the necessary areas in the establishment.
- A physical distance of at least 2 meters must be maintained and separators/partitions (e.g. acrylic dividers) shall be installed between sports equipment, if the nature of the sports activity requires it, to ensure protection of people.
- Prepare for the return of activity at a maximum of 50% of the facility’s normal capacity. Each facility shall specify its working hours in line with the time available outside the National Sterilization Program Times.
- Close off all waiting areas, ensure lockers rooms, changing rooms, and shower booths (shower, sauna, jacuzzi) are closed off. Furthermore, trainers and instructors are not allowed to gather in any area.
- Bathrooms/toilets must be sanitized after each use.
- All players/visitors/members must wear a face mask at all time and while engaged in light or moderate physical activity, but can be lowered/removed while engaged in strenuous physical exercise.
- Frequently used equipment that are used or touched by members must be cleaned. Floors and equipment must always be cleaned after each use.
- Provide equipment to measure the temperature of customers, employees, trainers and participants before the start of every training session. Anyone with a temperature of over 37.5 degrees shall not be allowed in the facility.
- Individuals below the age of 12 and above 60 are not allowed to practice activities.
- A person who has a cough, temperature, breathing difficulty, respiratory disease or immunodeficiency, shall not be allowed to participate in the sports activities.
- Guidelines and instructions issued by health authorities and updated from time to time, shall be observed and strictly followed.
- The return of activity does not include swimming and water sports centers that are practiced indoor, and the return of the activity in them will be determined later.
- Instructions issued by the Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management in Dubai, and relevant authorities, shall be observed and strictly followed.
The information is extracted from Dubai Sports Council Facebook Post
Please feel free to contact us if you still have any queries.