|FROM:||ACT PRO AND BUSINESS SERVICES|
|SUBJECT:||TRANSPORTATION PERMITS FROM DM AND WORK RULES FROM DED LINKED TO VITAL / EXEMPT SECTORS|
|DATE:||06TH APRIL 2020|
The UAE Government continues to fight COVID-19, and therefore there are adjustments made daily. We would like to bring to your attention the following:
The following information is broken down into parts for clarity on its utilization
Part 1 –
Circular for Contractors companies, Consultant offices and all companies working in the construction sector regarding “Transportation of the employees working in the construction sector To/from the projects within the movement restriction period” – Dated 4th April 2020
Based on the decision issued to restrict the movement of vehicles in the Emirate of Dubai, and with reference to the previous circulars issued with regard to precautionary and preventive measures, Building Control Department calls all Contractors companies, Consultant offices and all companies working in the construction sector in the Emirate of Dubai to adhere the following:
All employees must keep a copy of the following identification documents during the movement to/ from construction projects and to be presented to the relevant authorities upon request:
- Emirates national ID card.
- Any documents to prove the employee relationship with company, such as a copy of the residence visa or employee statement issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization, in which the name of the company is indicated.
Please strictly abide by the above requirements to ensure smooth flow of business without any obstacles.
Further to this every vehicle used for the transportation of laborers / workers from location to client site and back should have the attached Transportation Permit For construction companies filled with all relevant details and an original set kept with the driver of the vehicle, it is recommended to have copies in case the authorities wish to have a set.
Further points to keep note of –
- The permit is to be filled per day and should have all the relevant information linked to the project and laborer’s duly filled in.
- There is no submission of this information, the original set must be kept with the driver.
- A copy of the company license is to be kept along with the documents
- A letter from the company addressed to the police is also recommended detailing the purpose of the travel and noting the contact points in case the authorities wish to have further information
- If the company is moving employees from location of stay to their warehouse, then the above process is also to be followed
- Total number of laborer’s in the vehicle should not exceed more than 50% of its capacity.
Part 2 –
For those staff who must be onsite / at office but not travelling with labour
Construction and Contractors fall under the exempt section and therefore those staff who are using their personal vehicles DO NOT need to apply for travel permits if the travel is for official reasons.
The link – https://dxbpermit.gov.ae/home is only for travel for specific exempt sectors or for personal travel.
The requirements to be met are
- Official letter from the company detailing the information of the project, the date of travel, the reason for travel and the reference documents of the employee such as EID / Visa details to be mentioned along with contact points in case the authorities need further information
- Employee to carry their EID / VISA to ensure the information can be cross referenced
- Copy of the license to be provided to the employee to confirm the activities on the license.
Part 3 –
What happens to the fines from the RTA cameras and how are they to be dealt with?
- For those companies following Part 1 of this memo, please note that you will have to hand over all these documents to the driver / lease company as the fines will be attributed to the license plate. In the instance of fines, the RTA authorities will send you a message and also contact you at a later stage to confirm the reason for travel, wherein you / the lease company would need to provide these documents for a waiver of the fines.
- For those companies following Part 2 of this memo, the employee will be fined as it’s a private number plate and the system will not show any form of an exemption or travel permit in this situation. Once the fine is updated, the employee would need to contact the RTA and provide the relevant documents for a waiver of this fine.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE ACCURATE AND COMPLETE BEARING IN MIND THAT THE RTA WILL HAVE NUMEROUS INSTANCES / SUBMISSIONS FOR WAIVERS.
Part 4 –
Clarification of the work arrangement for commercial establishments during the extended National Disinfection Program – Dated 06/04/2020
The DED has confirmed that construction and contracting companies can have their warehouse / units running with the following rules
- Maximum staffing of 30% employees compared to the labour list
- Employees to maintain social distancing rules
- Employees to have face masks and gloves when working
- Sanitizers to be available to the staff on site
- Working hours are from 8am to 2pm
- All employees to have valid identification on them
- No clients or customers to be permitted at the location
- If employees are travelling, then adhere to Point 1 / Point 2 of this memo.
Please note that the information is being updated and adjusted to try and accommodate the current crisis. We are 100% committed to support you and provide information as and when available.
Please abide by all official government circulars and the UAE labour laws – some are industry specific and may not apply to all. If you are uncertain about anything, please go to the ACT social pages for more detail or contact your admin.
We urge everyone to please follow the guidelines for social distancing and practice good hygiene. #STAYHOME #STOPCOVID19 #WORKFROMHOME # SELFQUARANTINE
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
ACT LICENSING AND COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT.
Please feel free to contact us if you still have any queries.