Freelance Event Management


ACT EVENT understands the need to provide a cost-effective, flexible, and complaint solution to Event Management professionals within the UAE market. While also allowing them to operate and provide professional services freely. With the knowledge that they are fully compliant, hence risk-free.

ACT EVENT helps Event Management professionals kick-start their business story in the UAE. We also help them to develop and build their own brand and business. All at a cost-effective, flexible solution and we also offer full Backoffice Support. Accordingly, ACT EVENT covers all areas of the Event Management industry. For example, exhibitions, weddings, parties and entertainment services, artistic talent contracting, recreational services, musical bands, conferences and seminars and any Event Management professional who wants to work compliantly within the UAE.

Be your own boss and level–up with the ACT EVENT MANAGEMENT.

Most Event Management Professionals are currently linked to Free Zone visas or Free zone licenses. Also, most of these entities that provide such visas in the UAE do not have the required approval from the Government entities. The licenses also do not match the required activities to practice this trade.

For example, it is important that all event management professionals must hold the designation and qualifications relevant to the services and event industry they wish to target. Therefore, the company issuing the visas must hold activities specific to their services. For example, Exhibition organising or Artistic talent contracting, Event management, Seminar and conferences, and any other specific activities linked to the event industry.

It is also important to have a visa linked to an onshore license and not a free zone license. This is because a visa under labour allows you to operate anywhere whether onshore and offshore. Of course, this is as long as you meet all regulatory and UAE labour requirements.



As a certified event professional, ACT EVENT is here to ensure you can practice your trade with no hiccups. Hence, we will let you concentrate on your core business, while we provide you with additional support. For instance, we support you with third-party liability insurance coverage, back-office and invoicing support, and the required legal compliance.

To know more about the ACT EVENT platform, call us on +971 4 428 1505 or email us at


  • Compliant: ACT EVENT meets all the regulatory requirements for functioning in UAE.
  • Marketing support and support services: With ACT Event you have access to professionals, hence, we will give you complete support.
  • Back office & Administrative Support: Our Team of professionals will also give you Back office & Administrative Support
  • Onshore Residency Visa: ACT EVENT provides you with an Onshore Residency Visa.


  • Cost Effective: Flexible payment terms, limited initial investment.
  • Scalable: ACT EVENT provides scalable solutions designed to help your business grow in the UAE.
  • Risk free
  • Create and market your own brand.
  • Be an entrepreneur compliantly.


Mainland Onshore Company Free zone Company Freelance Visa FZE Freelance Visa Onshore ACT EVENT
Included / Available Owned by individual/s Owned by individual/s Individual Individual Individual
Physical License & Company Documentation Yes Yes No No No
Ownership of Brand Yes Yes No No Yes
Provision of visa Yes – partner visa is possible Yes Yes Yes Yes
Medical Insurance Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Professional Indemnity insurance Not Included – can procure Not included – can procure No No Included
Bank account Yes Yes No No Yes
Registered address Yes Yes No No Yes
Restrictions in territory No Yes, only allowed to operate in territory of issue Yes, only allowed to operate in territory of issue and industry specific Yes No
Compliant / Regulated Yes Yes, if in the jurisdiction of issue- not onshore Yes, if in the jurisdiction of issue and industry specific – not onshore No Yes
Backoffice support Not Included – can procure No No No Included
Average Set up cost 50,000.00 35,000.00 7,500.00 30,000.00 15,000.00
Average annual costs 27,500.00 25,000.00 7,500.00 30,000.00 15,000.00



Starting from AED 1,000 per month or AED 15,000 annually. Terms & Conditions Apply.


  • Back Office Support: Corporate Structure
  • Third Party Liability Insurance
  • Invoicing
  • WPS – Payroll (Employee)
  • Commercial Agreement Support
  • Trade License


What residence visa do you provide?

You have up to three visa quotas allocated under ACT Event Management, T&C’s apply.

Is it Legal for me to Freelance?

ACT Event Management operates a Ministry of Labour License. Hence, this permits our Visa Holders to work with multiple clients. Also, choosing to work under our Freelance program means that you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are legally working as a Freelancer.

What are the boundaries of working on a Freelance visa/ Freelance license? eg: Mainland, Freezones

Freelance Visa /Freelance license holders under our platform can work at any government entity. Also, all private sector mainland companies in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and the rest of the Northern Emirates. In addition, you can also work with Freezone’s.

How does invoicing support work?

We extend our invoicing support to all our Freelance visa holders who require to raise a VAT Invoice for their customers. ACT Events management transfers the invoiced amount to your bank account upon receipt from the client. We also take care of all VAT reporting and compliance.

I already have a residence visa. Can I get a freelance event management license in the UAE?

Even if you already hold an active residence/dependent visa, it is possible to get freelance licence under our program. We will provide you with a work permit under our entity. This will then, allow you to legally freelance in the UAE. The Ministry of Labour licenses us. So, when we get your work permit processed, it is legal for you to begin to freelance.

Can I apply for a freelance event planner visa without being in UAE?

Yes, you can apply for a freelance visa from outside of the UAE. You are however required to enter the UAE within 60 Days of the entry permit issuance to complete the procedure of getting the visa stamped in your passport. Failure to enter within 60 days may result in a forfeiting of the entry permit. After which the application will have to be reapplied, bearing the entire cost once again.

What are the basic requirements to apply for freelance visa?

To apply for a freelance visa, you require the following.

  • Passport Copy
  • Photograph
  • Completed Application form
  • Payment for first year of permit.
  • CV and/or an Attested Educational Certificate.
What type of Visa does ACT Events management provide?

The platform provides a 2 Years Onshore/ Mainland Visa. Additionally, the Ministry of Human Resources, Immigration and Labour issues the visa.

Are there any other fees (hidden charges) required besides the package price?

There are no hidden charges for the Freelance Visa. Also, payment for the visa charges is on an annual basis. Moreover, charges for the freelance visa are charged at the beginning of the contract for the year. It covers everything mentioned as part of the package.

Can I sponsor my family member under a freelance visa? How long does the process of getting the family member/s visa take?

To sponsor your family, you require a ministry of labour contract. Also, the contract must mention a minimum monthly salary of AED 4,000.
You will receive an invoice for the salary mentioned on a monthly basis.
You will then have to pay yourself the monthly listed salary + Vat. The salary amount is then transferred back to your bank account. This is done through the Wage protection system every month.
It takes approximately 2 weeks to get the family visa.

Can I travel in and out of the UAE while under a freelance visa?

Visa Holders can travel in and out of the UAE with no restrictions. Visa holders must ensure not to stay outside of the UAE for more than 6 months at a time. This is to ensure to keep the visa valid as per immigration regulations.

Moreover, Visa Holders who stay out of the UAE for over 6 months will face an automatic visa cancellation as per UAE Immigrations Guidelines.

I am on a dependent visa; how can I freelance?

Dependents sponsored under their Husbands/ Parents qualify to freelance. However, there is a requirement for a work permit along with an NOC from the primary sponsor.

Can I market my brand and services freely under the ACT Event Management?

Yes, you can market your brand freely across the industry within the UAE.

Does ACT Event Management include third party liability insurance?

Yes, all ACT Event clients are covered specific to their industry.

Is ACT Event Management industry specific?

Yes. ACT Event Management is industry specific

Do I need a degree under ACT Event Management?

There are two options in support of availing the visa offered under ACT Event Management.

Option 1. High education in a field relevant which should be fully attested. (Stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of issue. Also, the UAE embassy in the country of issue and then stamped by the Ministry of Foreign affairs and Ministry of Justice in UAE)

Option 2. qualification /certificate / experience in the related field of expertise

Do you work with other industry specific partners?

Yes, we collaborate with many industry leaders to help, promote and add value to the ever-changing and regulating Event Management industry

How much does the ACT Event Management cost?

AED 1,500.00 per month T&C’s apply

How long does the process take to operate under ACT Event Management?

The process takes approximately 2 – 3 working weeks

Can I operate anywhere under the ACT Event Management within the UAE on both a B2B and B2C basis?

Yes, you can operate anywhere within the UAE, under ACT Event Management on both a B2B and B2C basis

Why have you created ACT Event Management?

To allow industry professionals the ability to provide services in the UAE, knowing they are fully compliant. Also, allowing them to grow and add value to the industry whilst meeting all the prerequisites at a cost-effective and support oriented solution.

Can we grow our business under ACT Event Management?

Yes, we support our clients through their entire business story and help where we can in their success.


Fill and submit the form below. Our team will contact you shortly.